Large, full-service contractor specializing in glazing and door/frame/hardware is hiring apprentice carpenters / carpenter helpers to be trained as commercial glaziers / window & door installers.
- Willingness to work hard and grow in a trade
- Installing glass (including storefronts) and curtain wall systems
- Installing commercial doors and hardware
- Layout and installation of heavy glass partitions, mirrors
- Site preparation and hauling material
- Cover driving area of San Diego County
- 1+ years of experience in construction work, preferably carpentry
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more, capable of installing doors and door hardware
- PPE: Hard hat, steel cap boots
- Experience using power tools and saws
- Understanding of construction site safety procedures
- Strong willingness to learn
- Reliable - you show up on time every day
- Certifications that would be nice to have: Forklift certification, OSHA 10 hour, fall protection, scaffold/swing stage, boom lift, CPR certified.
- Rate: $16 - $23 p/h
- Typical work week is M-F, 7am - 3:30pm
- This is a long term position and opportunity to join a company where you can grow your career
References, background check, and drug test will be required.