General contractor is hiring a journeyman level framing carpenter for a multi-unit residential/commercial remodel project.
- Read blueprints and perform layouts
- Install framing according to seismic retrofit code
- Framing: Wood and metal stud framing
- Framing walls, door frames, ceilings, etc.
- Able to cover the driving area of greater Contra Costa
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 4+ years of carpentry experience, both with wood and metal framingCommercial TI experience; experience with seismic retrofits
- Ability to read blueprints and perform layouts
- Reliable and detail-oriented
- Able to operate: Reciprocating saw, circular saw, miter saw, drills, nail gun
- Reliable truck to pick up material as needed, with mileage compensation (preferably with rack)
- Personal Protection Equipment (safety glasses, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Tools: Levels, tape measure, drill, nail bar, screwdrivers, framing hammer, square, etc.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
NICE TO HAVE:
- Structural/seismic experience a major preference
- Rate: $32 p/h
- Full time/40 hours
- Paid weekly
- Typical work week M-F 8:00AM - 4:30PM
References, drivers & background check will be required