We are a full service property management and maintenance company. We’re looking for a skilled lead journeyman carpenter (6+ years of exp.) to help with our remodel projects. You should have experience directing others on the work site.
Good candidates for this job will be knowledgeable in a wide range of areas including: demo, framing, structural bracing, reconfiguration according to construction plans, electrical, plumbing, cabinet installation, flooring, trim work, door packages, sheetrock, tape, float, texture, window installs, siding, decks, pier foundations, slab foundations, landscaping, low voltage lighting.
- Read blue prints and perform layouts
- Perform remodel projects from demo to clean up
- Rough framing
- Finish work - baseboards, crown molding, cabinets, etc.
- Light electrical, plumbing, drywall work
- Subcontractor management
- Estimating materials/tools needed and having them on-site prior to need
- Directing other workers on-site
- Turn in detailed time sheets, receipts and progress reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Cover driving area of Contra Costa County
- 6+ years of experience in residential carpentry, with remodel experience
- Extensive experience operating circular saw, reciprocating saw, miter saw, nail gun
- Understanding of electrical and plumbing trades
- Full-size truck with a rack for this job
- Tools: Levels, tape measure, drill, nail bar, screwdrivers, framing hammer, square, etc
- Knowledge of all phases of construction
- Experience in scheduling and supervising others while maintaining own workload.
- Ability to perform at a fast pace with an attention to detail.
- Candidate will have experience with the critical path and be proactive with planning and executing
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Strong communication skills
Pay is $35/hr, and we pay weekly.Background and reference checks are required. Drug screening is required.