A general contractor specializing in custom homes and full remodels/additions is looking for a project manager.
As project manager, you will be responsible for managing several projects simultaneously while interacting with various points of contact including architects/designers, subcontractors, and internal departments. You will also manage customer relationships.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge and experience in all areas of residential construction in order to provide proper counsel to crew members in the field. Work will be 80% in the field 20% in office.
You will cover projects on the Peninsula and in South Bay.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to foresee any problems that may arise on the job site.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Communicate and coordinate with project team
- Monitor project to stay within budget constraints
- Handle all change order and material costs
- Carry out compliance regulations for safety, health, and environmental quality standards
- Document and maintain a log of activities on the job sites. Submit detailed progress reports and receipt logs
- Responsible for monitoring activities to ensure deadlines are met
- Guarantee the completion of various construction stages - from start to finish
- 10+ years of experience in residential construction
- Experience as working foreman
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to work comfortably at heights
- Previous project manager experience required
- Competently read and write up RFI’s
- Math Skills: Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in difficult situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written and oral
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
- Own truck required to drive to work sites
- PPE: Hard hat, steel cap boots, safety glasses, earplugs
- Tools: Levels, tape measure, drill, nail bar, screwdrivers, framing hammer, square, etc
- $45 p/h
- Typical work week 40, from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- This a long term position
- Mileage expenses covered between job sites
- Overtime available
References & background checks will be required. Drug screening is also required.