Concrete and asphalt paving company that does residential and commercial projects is hiring concrete foremen.
- Concrete finishing
- Form Setting: Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them
- Able to take elevation and perform layouts
- Able to read plans
- Paving restoration projects
- Curb and gutter installations
- ADA Ramp installations
- Sidewalk repairs
- Retaining wall installations
- Operation of a variety of hand and power tools
- Cleanliness and preparation of various job sites
- Overseeing 2-3 workers on the job site
- Cover driving area of San Diego County
- 5 years minimum experience doing concrete/paving finishing work
- Masonry experience a plus
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Safety focused with some knowledge of first aid and basic safety rules.
- Customer focused and team oriented
- Strong, independent work ethic and ability to complete daily project activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- PPE: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Gloves
- Tools: Hand Tools
- Rate: $30 - $35 p/h
- Typical work week M-F from 7am to 4pm
- This is a long term position
- Mileage expenses covered
- Power tools are supplied
- Must pass post-offer / pre-hire drug screening and physical
References & background checks will be required.