Large commercial lighting company is hiring an assistant supervisor/auditor for commercial lighting projects.
Some projects are performed during day shift and some are night shift.
Duties include supporting our Lighting Construction Manager with all construction-related tasks which will include the following:
- Material logistics and support
- On-site installation team management
- On-site Scope of Work (SOW) quality control
- During installation verifying that the installation team is adhering to their provided scope of works
- Working with the installation team to identify issues with the scope of work and work with the Construction Manager and installation team to find solutions
- Tracking installation progress and report progress to the construction manager
- Oversee assigned installation teams and provide support when necessary
- Make sure that installation teams are operating within the company and client guidelines at all times.
- Acting as building auditor: Performing light electrical fixture audits at client properties using company provide tools and software.
- Convert audits into digital scopes of work using company provide tools and software
- Perform take-offs of electrical plans using company provide tools and software
- Support scheduling of building audits with team
- Strong verbal communication skills (Client-side, building staff, etc)
- Strong written communication skills (E-mail, phone text, etc)
- Strong with Microsoft Office products and other similar digital tools
- Well organized (Time, Paperwork)
- Detail-oriented (Paperwork)
- Strong time management skills
- Self-reliant work ethic
- Experience with commercial lighting installation / light electrical work
- Experience performing lighting audits
- Experience performing construction plan take-offs (specifically lighting)
- Strong working knowledge of lighting equipment (know what kind of lighting they are looking at)
- Ability to read blueprints (will teach if you don’t know)
- $25 p/h
- Typical work week 40 hours. Weekend work may be required based on customer requirements, could be day shift or could be night shift.
- This a long term position
- Overtime available
References & background checks will be required.