Established home remodeling contractor looking for a journeyman electrician
- Plan layout and installation of electrical equipment, conduit, wiring and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Good troubleshooting skills having to come up with good solutions
- Run tests on electrical components to ensure a safe and effective installation.
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company and safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown in line with OSHA requirements
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustments or repair, and ensure compliance with codes
- Changing outlets
- Running new electrical lines
- Changing sub panels
- Changing light fixtures
- Cover driving area of Carlsbad and San Marco
- At least 5 years as an electrician and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency of installation in these areas of construction or residential project
- Experience finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits
- Working knowledge of electrical principals, codes, design and distribution and able to read and interpret electrical drawings and blueprints
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Must have all the hand tools for electrician to perform electrical work
- Rate : $35 p/h
- Typical work week from 7 am - 4 pm
- This is a long term position
- Mileage expenses covered
- Overtime available
References & background checks will be required.