Electrical contractor is hiring journeyman electricians for residential and light commercial work.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical equipment, conduit, wiring and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Ability to read and comprehend construction blueprints and specifications
- Install electrical equipment, conduit, wiring and fixtures using hand tools or power tools
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustments or repair, and ensure compliance with codes
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as testing equipment, ohm/amp meters, power tools, measuring devices, as well as other construction equipment
- Test electrical systems or continuity of systems of circuits in electrical systems using testing devices, such as ohmmeter or voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or lifts to install electrical conduit, equipment, fixtures or wiring. Perform physically demanding tasks such as installing conduit or moving/lifting heavy objects.
- Cover driving area of East Bay. Company is headquartered in Sacramento so there will be times that employee needs to travel there
- 5+ years of an electrical background in residential and/or commercial sectors
- Capable of working independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to read blueprints
- Able to lift 25 lbs
- PPE: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Gloves, Safety Vest
- Own hand tools, wire strippers, screw drivers, lineman side cutters, cordless drill
- Rate: $38 p/h
- Typical work week M-F from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- This is a long term position
- Mileage expenses covered
References & background checks will be required.