We are a large windows manufacturer and installer looking for measure technicians to join our company full-time.
You will serve as the homeowner’s “personal construction expert,” meeting with them in the home after a sales order has been placed, but before the confirmed order is sent to our manufacturing facility. Strong customer communication skills are required for this role.
Measure Technicians are dedicated technical measurement specialists, who closely examine the condition of existing windows, re-measure windows for accuracy, and then assess the situation to plan for production and installation. Also, verify customer and company expectations are in alignment.
- Take detailed measurements
- Look over the condition of existing structure, frames, sash, casing and trim
- Document any environmental or climate concerns, structural issues, or aesthetics
- Compare findings to project specs to double check order meets customer’s needs and provides an appropriate solution.
- Recognizes situations that could impact customer expectations, job costs, and/or code performance and provide alternatives.
- Promotes safety and ensures a safe work environment
- As an important customer-service touchpoint be prepared to ask questions, engage in dialogue with homeowners, answer any question they might have and prepare homeowner for the installation appointment and walk them through the next steps in the process.
- Complete and submit required paperwork that is neat, accurate, and thorough; ensure that all paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Keep team members informed, as needed, of customer interactions and actions taken.
- The ability to confidently handle confrontation/conflicts using a tactful and diplomatic approach, and the ability to maintain perspective under demanding conditions.
- 5+ years experience with window installation. You need to have installed and repaired windows before
- High school diploma, strong math skills
- Work experience with basic construction techniques; good knowledge of basic construction and building material; knowledge of the terminology of the industry.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills; strong listening and empathy skills.
- Valid driver’s license
This is a temp to perm position with a well-established windows manufacturer and installer. Pay is $30/hr and payroll is weekly.
Job sites are located around the Greater Bay Area.
Background and reference checks are required.