HVAC contractor is hiring experienced HVAC service techs for commercial work.
- Performing repairs and maintenance to a variety of commercial HVAC equipment and systems.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, repairs, and maintains systems and products at customer locations using computers and a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacements and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Represents company in a positive manner by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Provides training and follow-up at customer site as required.
- Prepares for all on-site work by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including: time on job, material and parts used, progress and other cost data per assignment.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains all work tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Keeps current on all equipment serviced by the company concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Reads and interprets product specifications and is familiar with product applications.
- Follows company and OSHA safe work practices at all time
- Cover driving area of 45 mile radius from San Jose
- 3+ years experience performing service and maintenance work on commercial HVAC equipment (2 ton to 100 ton) and related accessories.
- Skilled at servicing commercial air conditioning and associated equipment, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on commercial HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow on all commercial systems with little or no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- $38 p/h
- Typical work week M-F potentially weekends , from 6 - 2:30 7- 3:30 but varies (Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary.)
- This a long term position
- Overtime available
References & background checks will be required.