We’re an East Bay-based high-end plumbing contractor seeking an experienced plumbing technician (5+ years of exp.) to join our team.
Pay is $20/hr with 15% commission on your sales with readily attainable total compensation targets of $100,000/year - $110,000/year with no cap on commission amounts.
- Replace and repair water heaters (including WIFI enabled) -- 40, 50, 75, 100 gallon. Must be able to change heat exchangers, computers, ignitors and all internal parts of the water heater
- We are the lead service provider and installer for RINNA, NAVIEN, NORITZ water heaters so knowledge of their heaters is highly preferred. You will be required to know their inventory to appropriately sell what needs to be sold on hand. Must know the serial numbers for the units & what they mean as far as warranty for labor & parts.
- Sell and install AO Smith, Bradford White & State water heaters.
- Install and maintain Recircc pumps & direct vent & power vent water heaters.
- Install commercial water heaters sometimes & repair some propane water heater issues
- Install and repair tankless water heaters
- Change control valves, burners, orifices & brackets for tank type water heaters and Thermopiles with electrical ignitions & therm-couplers. Must KNOW how to run the warranty to see if its covered under labor and or parts so the customer may not have to pay anything. We register all units we install, tank & tankless as it is the only way the warranty can be processed.
- Install hiline toilets, custom TOTO toilets & Leak Defense Systems for high value homes in affluent cities in the East Bay like Lafayette and Orinda.
- Install 3/4” & “1” earthquake shut off valves.
- Control valves, burner, orifice and brackets replacement
- Communicate with office for troubleshooting and labor warranty claims
- Knowledge of serial numbers and registering products
- Repair sink leaks, flange, wax ring
- Reset toilet, angle stop valves, earthquake shut off valves, 3/4”, 1”, 1 1/2”
- Main line repairs
- Diagnose and fix crawl space leaks
- Diagnose and fix low pressure issues
- Valve (gate, ball, etc.) and stem repair
- Preventing cross connections
- Cartridge replacement
- Faucet and air gap installation
- Drain unclogs through p trap, main line through toilet
- Ice maker box & valve replacement
- Gas line upgrades
- Measure replacement sizing for toilets and replace toilets
- Bidet installations
- Relocate drains
- Bathroom remodel plumbing (rough-in and pipe relocation)
- Install water filters, including reverse osmosis
- Ice maker box & valve replacement
- Garbage disposal installs and repairs
- Commercial fixture measurement: Understanding of the bidding process and ability to perform install
- Communicate with inspectors & set inspections, pull permits
- Hot & cold line replacement
- At least 5 years of experience as a Plumbing Technician for a Plumbing Services Company or Contractor.
- Strong Sales experience: Must have strong sales experience earning commission with quotas that have been met or exceeded on a consistent basis. All our technicians typically earn a yearly compensation of $110K/year if quotas are met on a monthly basis.
- Cleanliness, respect, common basic courtesy
- Strong communication skills, both with co-workers and customers
- In-depth knowledge of plumbing codes
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Appearance/Demeanor: We do not allow smoking in our company vehicles or near customer homes. You must be presentable and clean. No wearing shoes ever inside a home without shoe coverings.
- Reliable - You show up every day and get the job done
Pay is $20/hr with 15% commission on your sales with readily attainable total compensation targets of $100,000/year - $110,000/year with no cap on commission amounts. Payroll is weekly.
If you do not want to work on a commission basis, pay is $32/hr with variable cash bonuses based on performance.
You will need to work 2 Saturdays & 2 Sundays a month in lieu of another day off (no exception can be granted as these are the shifts available).
Company vehicle is available.
This is a long term opportunity for the right candidate. Training will be required no matter your level of experience.
Background and reference checks are required. Drug testing is required.