Large tile contractor is hiring commercial tile setters for project in Los Angeles.
- Primary responsibility will be the installation of custom walls and floors from start to finish.
- Working with ceramic, porcelain, glass, marble tile
- Cover driving area of Central Los Angeles to Bell
- Experience and familiarity using a tile saw, grouting, finishing and paying attention to detail.
- Laying out rooms, backboard installation, grout and caulking and more
- Display effective communication skills between self, customer, and supervisors.
- As needed this job may require material acquisition from various vendors prior to a job starting or during a work in progress.
- Communicate effective daily progress to the Superintendent or Project Manager. This includes maintaining open communication throughout the day as necessary for scheduling purposes.
- 5 years of experience and Schluter experience
- Reliable, show up on time every day
- Ability to read blueprints
- Own truck required to drive to work sites
- Able to lift 35 lbs
- PPE: Hard hat, safety glasses, steel cap boots, safety vest
- Tools: Manual Cutter, Tile Spacers, Grout Floats, Trowels, Tile Mortar Mixer, Tile Pincers, Diamond Drill Bits, Tile Saw
- $28 p/h
- Typical work week Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am- 3:30 pm
- This project should last 2 weeks with opportunity for more work
References & background checks will be required.