San Jose-based GC is hiring a journeyman tile setter for residential & commercial projects. 5+ yrs of experience required.
- Tile setting/installation in residential projects.
- Primary responsibility will be the installation of custom tile showers, floors, and backsplashes from start to finish.
- Working with ceramic, porcelain, glass, marble tile
- Cover driving area of South Bay Area
- Experience and familiarity using a tile saw, grouting, finishing and paying attention to detail.
- Laying out rooms, backboard installation, grout and caulking and more
- Display effective communication skills between self, customer, and supervisors.
- As needed this job may require material acquisition from various vendors prior to a job starting or during a work in progress.
- Communicate effective daily progress to the Superintendent or Project Manager. This includes maintaining open communication throughout the day as necessary for scheduling purposes.
- 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of current codes
- Reliable, show up on time every day
- Ability to read blueprints
- Own truck required to drive to work sites
- Able to lift 60 lbs
- $30 p/h
- Typical work week M-F, from 7am-5pm
- This project should last 1 month with opportunity for more work
- Mileage expenses covered.
- Overtime available
References & background checks will be required.