Recurring invoices are a useful feature in QuickBooks Online that saves time and ensures you never forget to bill your clients for regular services. However, there might come a time when you need to stop those recurring invoices. Perhaps the client’s project is complete, or you need to make changes to the invoice details.
Steps to Stop Recurring Invoices
- Log in to QuickBooks Online: Start by signing in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Access Recurring Transactions: Click on the “Gear” icon, often located in the upper right corner of your dashboard. Under “Lists,” select “Recurring Transactions.”
- Find the Recurring Invoice: In the Recurring Transactions list, locate the recurring invoice you want to stop. Click on it to open the details.
- Edit or Delete: You have two options here:
- Edit: If you intend to make changes to the recurring invoice but don’t want to stop it entirely, click “Edit” and update the necessary details. Once you’re done, click “Save Template.”
- Delete: If you want to stop the recurring invoice completely, click “Delete” at the bottom of the recurring invoice. QuickBooks Online will ask you to confirm this action.
- Confirmation: After you’ve edited or deleted the recurring invoice, QuickBooks Online will confirm your changes. If you’re sure you want to stop the recurrence, click “Yes.”
Stopping recurring invoices in QuickBooks Online is a straightforward process. It ensures your invoicing process aligns with your business needs and client agreements. Always communicate with your clients when making such changes, as transparency in billing fosters strong business relationships.