The “No Location Available” and “No Location Found” messages in the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad may look similar but they have different meanings. It’s important to understand the difference between the two in order to resolve the issue you’re experiencing.
When you receive the message “No Location Available” on your device, this simply means that the person whose location you’re trying to access has turned off their location services or stopped sharing their location with you. On the other hand, “No Location Found” means there is a technical error with the person’s device or their location-sharing app.
There are multiple reasons why a person’s location may not be found including:
- Poor or no internet connection
- Low phone or device battery
- The phone or device is shut off
- Outdated software
- The device is set to low-power mode
- The device is in a remote area and cellular activity has been interrupted
If this happens to you while trying to access your own location services, you’ll want to do the following:
- Make sure your location services are turned on.
- Check your Internet connectivity.
- Ensure your phone battery is fully charged.
- Make sure your device is not in low-power mode.
- Check your cellular connection.
- Check for pending software updates. If there is an update available, plug your phone into a charger and update the software to the most recent version.
Alternatively, if you are trying to access someone’s location and get the “No Location Found” pop-up in the Find My app, the person is still likely sharing their location with you but undergoing technical difficulties. Once the issue is resolved, the person’s location should re-appear and access will be restored.